Market Walk shopping centre, in the heart of Chorley town centre, is being extended with a purpose-built development on the Flat Iron. The extension, off Union Street, will include a new six-screen Reel Cinema, an M&S Foodhall, including click and collect, as well as retailers and food and beverage outlets.
Work has started on site with the extension opening in time for the 2019 Christmas shopping period.
A lot of work will be taking place over the next 12 months including:
• Construction of the Market Walk extension started in October
• The new crossing over the by-pass has been completed
• Friday Street car park to be fully opened by 16 November (large parts of the ground floor will be open from Tuesday 16 October)
• Free wifi to be installed across the town centre (first phase to be completed by Christmas 2018)
• The Christmas lights switch on will take place on Saturday 17 November
• The Christmas attraction, which will be the return of the real ice rink on the Cleveland Street car park and event space, will run from Saturday 8 December until Sunday 6 January.
To help free up parking spaces on Tuesdays in the run up to Christmas all council staff are moving off the public car parks each week meaning there will be hundreds of additional spaces available on a Tuesday (our busiest market day) over what was available before work started on the Flat Iron.
Regular updates will be posted on Chorley Council’s website here.